Clinical Laboratory Careers Exploration Event
There are many career opportunities in healthcare other than a nurse or doctor. If you are currently enrolled as a biology, chemistry, microbiology, or forensic science major or if you have not declared a major as yet and are interested in a career in healthcare, please join us on January 24th to learn more about an exciting career as a clinical laboratory professional and how their work contributes to the health of each and every patient they serve.
Clinical laboratory professionals work “behind the scenes” to provide the vital clinical information needed to diagnose disease, determine treatment, monitor patient progress and discern wellness. Did you know that laboratory tests provide physicians with up to 70% of the information needed to make a medical decision? Modern medicine and science – especially in the area of DNA technology – are continually changing. These rapid changes contribute to the increasing need for laboratory professionals nationwide!
At our event you will participate in:
- An interactive panel session discussion lead by Northwell’s clinical laboratory experts from our Centralized Lab, Microbiology/Infectious Disease Lab and Hospital Laboratories who represent the various Clinical and Anatomical Pathology divisions of the Laboratory.
- Tour our new state-of-the-art automated lab, the largest health system-based lab in the region
Careers in clinical laboratory science include:
- Clinical Laboratory Technologists & Technicians with sub-specialties that include:
- Transfusion Medicine
- Clinical Chemistry
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Pathologist Assistants
Northwell Lab Facts
- 30 million + tests performed at 23 hospital-based labs including our Centralized Laboratories
- 2,000+ lab employees across our system
Take a look at our new state-of-the-art clinical laboratories & learn more about career opportunities at Northwell.